BrightVolt’s mission is to improve the world through higher-performing battery chemistries. With a Research and Development Center in Indiana and corporate headquarters in Redmond, Washington, BrightVolt is constantly challenging the limits of chemistry, physics, and manufacturing science to support safer, healthier and more powerful new product innovations.
BrightVolt’s Rechargeable patented polymeric matrix electrolyte (PME) solid-state batteries can power a broad range of applications including hybrid and electric vehicles as well as consumer electronics such as smartphones, laptops, e-readers, drones, medical and wearable devices along with other IoT products. To date, BrightVolt has sold over 15 million primary solid-state batteries with customers on every continent in a wide variety of industries including medical, automotive, industrial, and consumer products.
Reports to: CEO
BrightVolt, Inc. is currently seeking a VP of Business Development to lead our corporate strategy and business development activities. Reporting directly to the CEO, this position will work with the senior leadership team to accelerate the company’s technology and product commercialization efforts worldwide.
The ideal candidate will be comfortable in operating in a matrix structure within our organization, with close and routine collaboration with the Finance and R&D teams. S/he will have a senior-level depth of experience in the battery and energy storage industries, be skilled and comfortable in operating with some ambiguity when taking on large projects and negotiation of business terms and possess the skills and thinking required to pursue target markets that align well with the company’s overall value proposition. In this front-facing role, the candidate will be a primary representative of the company in multiple markets and will likely need to travel up to 30% of the time, including domestic and international.
Candidates should exemplify a high level of personal integrity, is passionate and persistent in their pursuit of excellence in all aspects of their role.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Lead the development of the company’s partnership strategy in Automotive and Consumer Electronics (CE) markets
- Manage any ongoing and new, collaborative project activities with customers and/or external partners
- Identify and lead business development work in other markets where the technology offers a compelling value proposition
- Manage customer sampling and technology qualification process from start to finish
- Identify non-dilutive funding opportunities in the form of State and/or Federal grants, and write corresponding grant applications; some prior experience in this area is desired
- Own execution of the business strategy by conducting competitive benchmarking, market segmentation, target market sizing, identifying new opportunities, and subsequent company positioning
- Manage client and customer relationships at large corporations
- Negotiate and execute business contracts and agreements, in close collaboration with legal and finance teams
- Provide frequent feedback to Engineering and R&D teams on market requirements and new product definitions
- Actively drive marketing, social media and industry outreach, working with the CEO and external partners
Qualifications and Minimum Position Requirements:
- Sales and business development management experience, preferably 10+ years in the energy storage industry
- Proven track record of moving business discussions to closed contracts
- Deep understanding of battery technologies and their applications in the Consumer Electronics and Automotive markets, especially as it relates to Lithium-Ion chemistries, is highly desirable
- Demonstrated track record of closing direct sales and forming successful strategic alliances to drive revenue growth
- Ability to negotiate complex contractual agreements and structure competitive cost/pricing models
- Financial acumen, and ability to understand complex financial models
- Ability to design, manage and lead business development programs and projects with firm deadlines
- Willingness to travel unrestricted up to 30% of the time, including a visit to the company’s R&D facility for a minimum of 4 business days per month including working with the R&D team in the company’s R&D facility for a minimum of one week consecutive per month to remain up-to-date with the basics of the technology and improvements thereof.
- Ability to transcribe technical information on cell performance into business/marketable attributes for e-mobility and consumer electronics applications.
- Experience with marketing programs including communications, market segmentation and LinkedIn platform.
- Technical degree in Chemistry, Engineering, Material Science or related field; MBA desired
- Outstanding interpersonal skills along with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Preferred locations: Newberry, IND or Redmond, WA
Compensation: DOE. BrightVolt offers a highly competitive and comprehensive compensation package including competitive salary, incentive comp., excellent health benefits, 401(k) plan, equity participation and other executive level benefits.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com