Position: Senior Battery Scientist/Engineer
Company: BrightVolt (www.brightvolt.com)
REPORTS TO: Chief Battery Scientist
POSITION SUMMARY: The Senior Battery Scientist/Engineer’s primary responsibility will be product design & development of thin film batteries including product specification at the development level. The prospective candidate is expected to follow through from cradle to adult stages of the product: based on the performance requirement, ensure comprehensive qualification and validation of the design, transfer developed battery technology to scale up and manufacturing teams, work alongside production and quality teams to ensure that scaled up products meet required specifications, and address inadequate product performance if necessary. The ideal candidate will be familiar with the construction and manufacturing processes of lithium-based batteries and have successfully worked on various battery design configurations from concept to production. Some travel may be required.
CORE POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
- Product design: from concept to scale up including all ancillary requirements. (ie; regulatory, testing, etc.)
- Project management: project conceptualization, execution, management, and reporting
- Process improvement: Product development system operations, development and characterization of new processes, and improvement of existing process to improve battery performance
- Working knowledge of Technical Sales to assist the Sales & Marketing teams on technical know-hows
- Execution: Able to translate designs and planning to actions and quantifiable results.
- Quality: Commitment to product quality & customer satisfaction
- Benchmark: Closely monitor current industry trends; benchmark competitive products and technologies to maintain BrightVolt’s leadership position in battery design and technology
- Ownership: Be committed to product excellence, value, and continuous improvement (quality, service, and cost)
- Personality: Positive, energetic, team oriented. Can effectively foster collaborative relationships with team members at all organizational levels.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- High attention to details, accuracy and precision
- Advanced communication (oral & written) and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of cell and battery testing methodologies; interpretation and presentation of data.
- Design of experiment (DOE) at development level
- Failure analysis (FMEA), including validation testing, and root cause analysis
- Knowledge in 6-sigma design concept a plus
MINIMUM POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
- BS Engineering in Chemical, Electrochemical or Material Science w/minimum 10 years related industrial experience, or an advanced degree with minimum 5 yrs. related experience, in battery (primaries and secondary) design & development.
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office, MS Project, etc.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Relocation assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
- battery design/engineering: 5 years (Required)
- private company battery design and engineer design: 5 years (Required)
- One location
Company’s Facebook page:
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org