BrightVolt is seeking a detail oriented and highly motivated Operations Manager to support the daily operations of our Research and Development Team located at our facility in Newberry, Indiana. The successful candidate will demonstrate keen attention to operational details, superior interpersonal skills, and a dedicated approach to supporting the R&D Team and their battery research activities. This includes materials ordering and management, certain facilities and equipment support, safety management, and other support activities as needed.
Core Position Responsibilities:
• Supply chain management. Direct and lead supply chain operations including vendor sourcing, materials ordering and materials management.
• Safety management. This includes maintaining safety protocols such as MSDS data, recording and reporting safety incidents, ensuring compliance with all safety standards, hazardous materials monitoring, and ensuring PPE procedures are followed.
• Facilities and equipment support. This includes supporting the R&D operations of the company with arranging for equipment maintenance, facilities repairs and upgrades, and identifying new R&D equipment sources.
• Shipping. Assisting with the shipping of materials and test products as needed. Certain shipping certifications for lithium batteries will be needed and provided by the company.
• Strategic planning, establishing departmental goals and objectives, meeting KPI’s.
• Mentoring and developing team members and fostering engagement across all levels of the organization.
Skills and Competencies:
• Self-starter: capable of working independently and driving projects to completion.
• Ability to communicate clearly and candidly with other BrightVolt team members, effectively fostering collaborative relationships at all organizational levels to build and support a team environment.
• Strong oral and written communications. Must be able to efficiently engage and inform peers and subordinates, as well as coordinate the efforts of multiple parties.
• Able to prioritize and manage time effectively (self- motivated and self-managing).
• The successful candidate must be highly motivated, detail-oriented, and hands-on with demonstrated domain knowledge and execution of operational excellence.
• Positive attitude / high energy / team oriented with high attention to detail, accuracy and precision a must.
• Four-year college degree.
• Five year’s hands on experience with supply chain and operations management in an industrial setting.
• Fluency will all customary business IT tools – Word, Excel, project mgmt. tools, etc.
• Prior experience in a research and development setting highly desirable.
Excellent pay and benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401k, vacation, holidays, educational assistance and professional development.
BrightVolt is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity and believe everyone deserves opportunity to grow and prosper regardless of race, religion, gender, age or sexual orientation. Our employees are the life blood of our business, and we believe creating an inclusive corporate culture is key to fostering innovation and progress. We strive to create a workplace where diversity is celebrated and valued and we encourage you to come join our Team.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com