BrightVolt is looking for a Controller to join our accounting team. This position will report to the CFO, and be responsible for supporting the company in a broad spectrum of financial responsibilities. The ideal candidate will have a strong Controller background, be trustworthy, detail oriented, have excellent communication skills and possess a seasoned background in accounting and finance with lots of hands-on experience.
About the Company
BrightVolt is a growing global technology company with a strong culture of team work, shared challenge and opportunity, and getting things done. We are helping solve the world’s need for safer, better, more powerful batteries. We have created a unique proprietary battery chemistry to power devices large and small from consumer electronics to electric vehicles. We have a legacy battery manufacturing history and our batteries have already powered sensors, medical devices, and wearables. Our newest technology is poised for scale production and integration into a wide range of commercial applications.
BrightVolt’s people have a passion for battery chemistry and design, and our technology will help improve and revolutionize how we power the world in the future.
- Manage on-time monthly accounting close process.
- Prepare monthly financial statements as well as reporting for senior management and Board of Directors.
- Review current accounting processes and procedures and implement account process changes to improve efficiency and timeliness.
- Support department leaders in managing to their budgets and achieving goals.
- Work with purchasing department to ensure timely receipt and payment for raw materials.
- Manage and maintain appropriate internal controls.
- Serve as technical accounting resource and manage special topic accounting processes including options and equity accounting, joint ventures, and cost accounting.
- Manage annual financial statement audit as well as other required audits throughout the year.
- Assist with various tax matters and required compliance filings.
- Manage various payroll and benefits matters.
- Assist with certain HR administrative matters.
- Special projects and tasks as needed and assigned.
- CPA preferred but not necessary.
- 5+ years of hands on experience in a fast moving business environment.
- Prior experience as Controller, preferably in a global setting.
- Prior experience with Quickbooks or other similar ERM packages helpful.
- Helpful to have prior experience with technology hardware products.
Knowledge and Skills
- Strong technical accounting skills.
- Experience managing on-time monthly close cycle and preparation of monthly financial statements.
- Experience with Quickbooks or similar ERM packages.
- Excellent data analysis and summarization skills (including Excel) required.
- Must be self-starter comfortable working in a fast-paced growth focused culture.
- Demonstrated ability to establish effective working relationships across all levels of the organization.
Salary depends upon experience. We provide comprehensive benefits and a positive and professional work environment. We try to have some fun as well as work hard.
Flexible schedule/hours. Position is located near Bloomington, Indiana. BrightVolt is headquartered in Redmond, Washington with Research and Development operations near Bloomington. For more information, please feel free to check out our website and careers page here: https://www.brightvolt.com/employment/
Please forward a resume along with a brief introductory cover letter about yourself and why you are qualified for this position. We look forward to having you join our growing team!
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com