BrightVolt is a leading edge innovator of of solid-state battery technology. We are developing the next generation of battery materials and technology and we are currently growing our talented R&D Team to include new professionals with a passion for battery technology. Our technology will advance the current state of battery performance for a wide range of applications including the fast growing e-mobility market.
The Battery Design and Build Engineer’s primary responsibility will be to work with a team of leading battery engineers and scientists to design, develop and build rechargeable Solid-State Lithium Battery Products, including product specification at development level. This scope also encompasses battery cell formulation and product optimization to continuously improve battery systems performance. The ideal candidate will have 2-3 years working on various battery design configurations from concept to functional prototype in a private company setting. This is a very hands-on, entry level (staff) role with lots of lab time expected – perfect for a recent Bs/Ma graduate with two to three years of post-graduate private company experience looking for their next professional challenge. You MUST have private company experience working with battery materials and testing to be considered.
• BS Engineering in Chemical, Electrochemical or Material Science required with minimum 2 years related experience in lithium-ion rechargeable battery design, build & development in a post-academic, private company setting.
• BS or MS Degree in similar disciplines with minimum 1-2 yrs. related experience in battery cell design and build in a private company setting.
• Strong electrochemical background in similar disciplines preferred with minimum 1-2 yrs. related experience.
• Solid electrolyte experience preferred
• Excellent laboratory practices, record keeping and report writing.
Essential Functions and Requirements:
• Project Conceptualization & Reporting
• Familiarity with advanced analytical techniques to support component optimization studies.
• Product development system operations and failure analysis including validation testing, FMEA, and qualification DOEs at development level
• Participate in interactions with other functional teams including product scale up, manufacturing and rapid prototyping teams
• Development and characterization of new processes, improvement and extension of existing process for battery cell performance improvements
Job Competencies (Knowledge, skills and abilities):
• High attention to detail, accuracy and precision
• Strong communication (oral & written) and interpersonal skills
• Demonstrated knowledge of cell and battery materials testing methodologies; interpretation and presentation of data.
• Able to translate designs and planning to actions and quantifiable results in the lab.
• Effectively foster collaborative relationships with all organizational levels.
• Proactive, self-starting, multitasking, entrepreneur able to excel in a small company environment.
• Positive attitude / High energy / Team oriented
Job Type: Full-time
BrightVolt is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity in our workforce.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com